SUV Comparison: 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Vs. 2020 Ford Escape
View Outlander Sport Inventory
Compare the New Outlander Sport to Its Competition Around Kingsport, TN
See How Mitsubishi's Compact Crossover SUV Stacks Up Against the New Ford Escape
Motorists in search of a versatile yet affordable compact crossover or SUV have options, but two of the smarter choices may be the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and the 2020 Ford Escape. Mitsubishi continues to refine and upgrade its compact crossover SUV, while Ford's Escape is all-new for the 2020 model year. Both offer a lower starting MSRP than much of the competition, but let's see how these two stack up on price as well as other aspects.
After reviewing this comparison, you may be ready to tour and test drive the stylish 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport for yourself. At Wallace Mitsubishi of Kingsport, we offer an extensive selection of new Outlander Sport SUVs for sale near Bristol, TN, so don't wait to stop by for a closer look.
Standard Interior Amenities
- When you start comparing the standard cabin features of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to that of Ford's new Escape, you'll discover that the Mitsubishi is remarkably well-equipped even in base trim. For instance, the 2020 Outlander Sport ES 2.0 FWD model gets heated front seats as standard -- as does every other trim of the new Outlander Sport! You won't find that as a standard feature on the 2020 Escape.
- Taking comfort one step further is Mitsubishi and the 2020 Outlander Sport. This small SUV boasts standard automatic climate control to ensure that you can remain at a comfortable temperature with ease, no matter how the outside temperature may change. Again, you'd have to upgrade to a pricier trim level of the 2020 Ford Escape to enjoy a similar feature.
- Mitsubishi understands that safety and security are important to every driver; that's why the automaker makes a cargo area cover optional on even the Outlander Sport ES 2.0 FWD base model. Ford's new Escape S FWD is offered with a cover for its rear cargo area, leaving items exposed to prying eyes as well as the sun.
Standard Exterior Features
- To help maximize visibility and safety during any weather, the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport boasts standard exterior heated mirrors, something the 2020 Ford Escape S base trim doesn't offer. The new Outlander Sport ES 2.0 FWD model and above get Dual Body Color Folding Power Adjustable Heated Exterior Rearview Mirrors; test them out when you visit our dealership in Kingsport, TN!
- While both the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and 2020 Ford Escape return commendable EPA-estimated city and highway MPG, only one of these compact SUVs gets a large, 16.6-gallon fuel tank -- and that's the Outlander Sport! In the new Escape, drivers are left with a smaller, 14.7-gallon tank, which could mean more frequent pit stops at the gas station.
- Mitsubishi's warranty tops Ford's, including when you're looking at the Outlander Sport and Escape coverage. Mitsubishi stands behind its automobiles with a bumper-to-bumper warranty of 60 months or 60,000 miles, compared to Ford's 36 months or 36,000 miles.
- You may have heard about Mitsubishi's stellar powertrain warranty; its 120-month or 100,000-mile powertrain coverage applies to the 2020 Outlander Sport. Meanwhile, the Ford Escape gets a meager 60 months or 60,000 miles of powertrain warranty coverage.
- If you ever need a hand while you're out on the road with your 2020 Outlander Sport, then Mitsubishi has your back with its full 60 months of roadside assistance! Drivers who select the Ford Escape will only get 24 months of the same on-road assistance.
Get Into Your New Outlander Sport SUV near Bristol, TN
Ready to upgrade to the versatile and fun-to-drive 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport? Then head over to Wallace Mitsubishi of Kingsport, near Bristol, Tennessee, and find your ideal new Mitsubishi at a driver-friendly price!