View Outlander Inventory
The New Outlander Goes Up Against its Crossover Competition
The crossover vehicle segment is fiercely competitive. With more drivers and families seeking the agility, efficiency and utility of crossovers or CUVs, there are more model options than ever before to meet motorists' needs and preferences. The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander has arrived, sporting fresh styling, a spacious cabin and fuel-sipping powertrain that together make this one of the more attractive options when shopping for a crossover.
Mitsubishi's stellar new Outlander faces stiff competition from all sides. This versatile three-row crossover challenges compact and mid-size models with its unique blend of sharp handling and impressive mpg matched with standard three-row seating. The 2020 Ford Escape is one such option that CUV buyers may consider along with the Mitsubishi Outlander. However, there are plenty of ways in which the Outlander outshines Ford's popular compact crossover.
Consider the comparison below when cross-shopping the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander and the 2020 Ford Escape. Wallace Mitsubishi-Kingsport encourages Bristol, Tennessee, area motorists to tour and test drive the new Outlander at our full-service new and used car dealership. But first, let's take a look at how this roomy and well-equipped crossover stacks up against Ford's redesigned 2020 Escape!
Pricing, Features & Value
- Mitsubishi has been building affordable, value-packed rides for decades, so it should come as little surprise that the 2020 Outlander boasts competitive pricing along with a well-equipped interior. The 2020 Outlander ES 2.4 FWD offers a base price MSRP of just $24,895, which is significantly lower than a comparable 2020 Ford Escape, like the SE FWD trim that's listed for $27,105.
- Crossover shoppers will discover that even the base trim of the 2020 Outlander, the ES 2.4 FWD, comes well-appointed inside and out. This spacious CUV has been upgraded for 2020 with new features like redesigned second-row seating, enhanced third-row seat comfort, power lumbar driver support and redesigned HVAC controls. Together, these updates create an even more inviting and comfortable ride for your entire crew.
- There are also plenty of standard features on this Mitsubishi crossover that you won't find on the 2020 Ford Escape SE. While the Escape SE is an upgrade from the S base trim, it still doesn't include amenities found on the Outlander ES 2.4 FWD like armrest storage, front seat height adjustment, fog lights and a remote fuel filler door release.
Seating Capacity & Versatility
- One of the most glaring differences between the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander and Ford's new compact crossover is seating capacity. While the Outlander comes standard with three-row seating for up to seven occupants, the 2020 Ford Escape provides just five seats in two rows.
- When you compare the two crossovers' interior volumes, it's no wonder that the Mitsubishi can fit an extra row of seats. The new Outlander provides 128.2 cubic feet of passenger space to just 104 cubic feet in the Ford Escape.
- Thanks to its three rows of seating -- including two rows that fold to accommodate your cargo -- the 2020 Outlander is one highly flexible crossover. Its available power remote liftgate only adds to the convenience you'll when you buy or lease this new Mitsubishi.
Warranty & Roadside Assistance
- Mitsubishi has faith in its product and stands behind it. Every new 2020 Outlander comes with a 5-year or 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, 10-year or 100,000-mile powertrain limited coverage, plus a full seven years of anti-corrosion protection. Ford only backs the 2020 Escape and its other vehicles for three years or 36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper, and its powertrain coverage only protects your wallet for five years or 60,000 miles. The Escape is protected from corrosion for just five years.
- If you're looking for on-road peace of mind, choose Mitsubishi and the 2020 Outlander. This crossover comes with a full 60 months of roadside assistance with unlimited mileage, which compares favorably to Ford's limitation of 60,000 miles.
- Who knows what can occur during the first five years or 60,000 miles of your vehicle ownership, so it's nice to know that a full bumper-to-bumper warranty is protecting your new Mitsubishi. Plus, nobody tops Mitsubishi's extensive powertrain warranty -- not even Ford!
Step Up to a New Outlander near Johnson City, TN
Wallace Mitsubishi-Kingsport and the 2020 Outlander are your answer when you're shopping for a spacious and well-equipped new crossover at a highly competitive price around Johnson City, TN. Here, you can shop an extensive selection of new Mitsubishi cars for sale that all come backed by the manufacturer's exceptional warranty.
Utilize our user-friendly website now to get pre-qualified for Mitsubishi financing or explore current lease offers for your new crossover of choice. We accept vehicle trades, too, so we invite you to get your car appraised online now to see what it's worth as a down payment as you upgrade to a 2020 Outlander!