2019 Mitsubishi Outlander VS 2019 Ford Escape
View Outlander Inventory
Mitsubishi Outlander vs. the Ford Competition in Kingsport, TN
How the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Triumphs Over the 2019 Ford Escape
The compact SUV market is fiercely competitive. More Tennessee drivers from the Bristol and Greeneville areas are choosing to drive vehicles that offer cargo room, comfort, and connected features while delivering the sportier drive than many mid-size sedans. Here at Wallace Mitsubishi-Kingsport, we see this consistently every year. As the number of choices grows, so does that gap between the new Outlander and the competition. The 2019 Outlander offers many perks that distinguish it from other vehicles in the pack, including its chief rival from Ford. After you realize why the Outlander tops the 2019 Ford Escape, you'll want to schedule your test drive at our local Mitsubishi dealer.
Standard Features and Options
- Motivated by a 2.4-liter MIVEC engine that delivers 166-horsepower, the 2019 Outlander bests the Escape in fuel economy. This is more impressive when you consider that the Ford is powered by a comparable 2.5-liter Duratec i-VCT I4 engine that yields 168-horsepower. Bristol drivers can expect up to an EPA-estimated 25 MPG around town and 30 MPG on the highways of Greeneville. The 2019 Escape comes up short with only an EPA-estimated 21/29 MPG (city/highway in its base trim.
- The 2019 Outlander boasts a larger fuel tank that can carry 16.6 gallons. The new Escape only holds 15.7 gallons, which means more trips to the pump.
- If you're shopping for a crossover, maneuverability is key. The Outlander features a tighter turning radius of 34.8 feet. This will help you navigate the parking lots of Kingsport, TN. The Escape needs 38.8 feet to turn itself around.
- Have passengers to carry? Then you're going to want the SUV that gives you the most room. The Outlander provides 128.2 cubic feet of passenger volume as well as three rows of seating that allows for up to seven passengers. The Escape once again comes up short with only 98.7 cubic feet of passenger volume spanning two rows of seating. If you want seating and room, here is one more reason why the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander is better than the 2019 Ford Escape.
Technology and Safety
- When you want to stay connected to your favorite tech, you want the Mitsubishi Outlander ES 2.4 trim. In this new Mitsubishi SUV, you'll find a luxurious 7-inch infotainment touchscreen. The Ford Escape offers the SYNC system with a smaller screen.
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ both arrive standard in the Outlander SE 2.4. The 2019 Escape offers only Android Auto™ integration, and you have to upgrade to its SYNC 3 system. If you have an Apple® product, you're going to want the Outlander.
- In the Outlander SEL 2.4 you'll find a nine-speaker, 710-watt, Rockford Fosgate premium audio system. In the comparable Escape SEL, occupants will have to make do with a six-speaker standard audio system. If you want your Ford Escape to come with the 10-speaker Sony system, be prepared to pay for the Titanium trim.
- When it comes to driver-assist technologies, the 2019 Outlander pulls ahead. Safety features such as lane change assist, rear cross-traffic alert, and blind-spot warning are all available options in the SE 2.4 trim. These systems are standard in SEL 2.4 trims and above. Forward collision mitigation, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control are also available in the SEL 2.4 trim and above. To find anything close to these active and passive safety options in a new Escape, you'll have to pay more to add the Ford Safe and Smart package.
- Mitsubishi has faith in its product and stands behind it. Every new 2019 Outlander comes with a 5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty, 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited coverage, and seven years or 100,000 miles of corrosion protection. Ford only backs its Escape for three years or 36,000 miles bumper to bumper. The powertrain coverage only protects your wallet for five years or 60,000 miles.
Discover More About the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander In Kingsport, TN
The best way to discover why the Outlander bests the competition is to get behind the wheel. Take these directions to our local car dealer.